How to wear your Invisalign
- Your Invisalign should be worn a minimum of 22 hours a day. They should only be taken out when you’re eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth.
- Check the bumps on your teeth and compare them to the bumps on your trays to assure all attachments are in place.
- Chewies are used to help with the tracking of your trays and should be used up to an hour a day, five minutes on and five minutes off. (Bite and squeeze, DO NOT chew on them.)
- Trays should be worn at a minimum of 14 days without Acceledent® and a minimum of seven days with Acceledent. You may wear trays longer than the above intervals, but never less.
- The tray should fit to the edge of your tooth; there should be no spacing between the tray and the tooth. This is called “tracking.”
- If there is space between the tray and the tooth, you should use your chewies on that area to help the tray settle better on the tooth. It is okay to wear your trays longer than the suggested time, but never shorter.
Modified wear with Acceledent
- Your trays should be worn a minimum of seven days.
- Acceledent should be used for 20 minutes daily.
- When advancing to your next tray, use your Acceledent with your current tray in for 10 minutes, then replace with your next tray and finish the remaining 10 minutes.
How to take care of your Invisalign
- The Invisalign trays should be cleaned with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and cool water. You also may use Retainer Bright to help deodorize the trays.
- DO NOT soak trays in mouthwash of any kind because they may become discolored or turn brittle and break.
- DO NOT boil, use hot water, or put trays in a dishwasher clean them.
- Trays should be changed at night to allow them to settle better on the teeth.
- If you should have any irritating or rough areas on your tray, you may use an emory board (fingernail file) to help smooth the area.
- Keep trays away from pets because they tend to chew, or even eat them.
- If, for some reason, something happens or you lose your current tray, put your previous tray in and call us ASAP.
- You may only drink PLAIN water with your trays in; otherwise, they must be taken out to eat and drink.
- The blue retainer case should be used for your current tray and the red for your previous tray. You should always have at least your tray that was previously worn.
Retainers / Invisalign Aligner Care
Our Team is Always Having Fun at Work